Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

LMy stackable dryer (thintwin-240) is not heating. The

Customer Question

lMy stackable dryer (thintwin-240) is not heating. The repair guy came and said I would have to remove the toilet opposite it to get access to the back of the dryer. Is there a way to tilt this stackable to get access to the back so I do not have to remove the toilet?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: whirlpool LTE5243D02, ser ML1038650
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you have room above the dryer to tilt it front you can do this but first you need to disconnect the hoses on the washer, the dryer vent hose and pull the electrical plug. This may need to be done through the center access area between the washer and dryer. There are a few screws to remove and the slanted panel will drop down. Let me know how you do with this..

Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 30 days ago.

Do you still need help?