Eng-Tech
Eng-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

My dishwasher is not opening the water.What I 'm suppose to

Customer Question

My dishwasher is not opening the water.What I 'm suppose to do...? The remaining ci lets are ok...thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: it is a whirlpool Quiet wash plus...I do not have the model no.How I can do a test cycle ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to do a test cycle ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

So I understand that your dishwasher is getting no water?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is.so I put the water from outside and all the cycles went ok .How I can do the test cycle car I do not have a diagnosis test?
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Every unit has its own unique test cycle. Take off the bottom plate of the dishwasher and look for a tech sheet taped to the interior. IF it is not there, then the tech sheet will likely be inside the door panel.

Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

The tech sheet has the diagnosis procedure for your particular dishwasher. However, I would check to make sure the water cutoff is turned on and that there is nothing stuck under the float switch. The float switch getting debris caught under it is the number one reason for your symptom. The float switch is inside the wash area of the dishwasher on bottom.

Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Was this information helpful?