Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Jenn air JCD2389GEW we noticed the freezer not

Customer Question

I have a Jenn air JCD2389GEW we noticed the freezer not freezing thing any longer and can also tell the fridge is warmer than normal but air is blowing in .. taking the back lower panel off the fan is constantly running and I hear intermittent clicks like somethING is turning on and off.. Jaime
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is JCD2389GEW to not new probably like 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I mean it depends right on the issue but yes I hope so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's all the info I have
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I noticed you said the fan is running all the time. Do you happen to know if the compressor is running as well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hmm how do.i.tell that for sure?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well you can see if you here is running or if its hot or cold?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see a tank to the left of the fan that is warm and then the unit that the fan looks like it is blowing into is also warm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I knew specifically wh at the compressor was . I.would just tell you if it was running or not lol so I apologize for asking a dumb question :)
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It is not a dumb question it is a black pot looking thing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is hot or warm whichever one .. its not like vibrating or anything..
The only main thing that sticks out is the click I hear intermittently like.something is switching on and off I read about a relay switch but ill leave that up to you to diagnose haha
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well the clicking could be a couple things. Now you said the fan is constantly running? It has not stopped at all? Do you happen to have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hasn't stopped running in the hour or two I've been here with it.. no i dont have one any longer
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

hmmm that can make things difficult to test. When you open the door though the fan should stop so I would say the problem is with the fan motor and it is going to need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay that seems simple enough..that is the white part near the fan I assume
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Yes that is your condenser fan and will need to be replaced. You will see the part you need on that list I sent you a few minutes ago. I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the condenser and evaporator fan motor you think both need replacement or just the condenser you are saying?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Just the motor right there you showed me the picture of near your compressor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay the condenser fan.. thank you I'll get a multimeter tomorrow as well
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good. I will be here if you need me. I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I forgot to ask should I unplug for now until I get that going tomorrow?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I personally would that way you do not burn anything else out on the unit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much .. am I able to..ollow up with you tomorrow on here?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Yes rating does not stop you from getting back to me if you need me. Just bookmark this page

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?