Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag 2 years old dryer and the Control Lock light is on

Customer Question

Maytag 2 years old dryer and the Control Lock light is on and on the digital screen it syas Lc
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Your control lock is just engaged. You should just need to press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds to reset the issue. Depending on your model it might be in the bottom right hand corner called the "end of cycle signal".

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tyler, there is no end of cycle button on the washer and I already read this procedure. The reason why I want the service is because I thought you can fix it. I don't expect to be charged because it did not solve the problem. Again, this is a Maytag Maxima Steam dryer and there is no "End of Cycle" button on this machine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is not washer but a dryer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry I didn't mean washer I meant dryer. But there is a control lock button. I'd need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the dryer door to locate the button if you can't look on your panel and see it for yourself. Either way you just need to press this button for 5 seconds to unlock it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?