John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

During my research, it appears that either valve could cause

Customer Question

During my research, it appears that either valve could cause my symptom. I want to purchase the correct valve, not both if only one is faulty. Please help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the make and model of the unit you are having issue with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Amana bottom mount refrigerator model ARB8057CW and mfg #PARB8057CW1. The problem is low water volume at the dispenser. I have proper water pressure entering the refrigerator and do not have blocked water filter. The ice maker seems to be working, however, from time to time I have noticed some "hollow" cubes.My research has led me to suspect a water inlet valve. My dilemma is the fact that there are two inlet valves; #WP12544002 (primary) and #12002193. It appears that either valve could cause the described problem.My skill level: I am a retired office machine tech who grew up in the business and owned and operated an office machine sales and service business for thirty-years. I repair everything in my home (and children's homes) that needs repair. The only times I have hired an expert was a plumber to replace the cast iron in my 2.5 story house and twice I have hired roofers to replace the roofs on two of my homes. I have maintained my wife's appliances including the subject refrigerator. I have maintained my 1978 lawn mower and snow thrower. My 2 cycle sting trimmer and leaf blower are not quite as old. My skill level is only hampered by old age.The reason I had not replied sooner is because I have a problem with Just Answer, not the technicians. This is my first inquiry and as I read the terms, I was to make a goodwill down payment and only pay $28 if I were 100% satisfied and I authorized the payment. I used PayPal and to my surprise, I was charged the $28 without my authorization and without a reply from Just Answer. Unless you tell I misread the terms, I am not happy.I hope I have not worn you out with this lengthy reply, but do look forward to your reply.