Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I fix a steam dryer that doesn't steam?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? Also, how do you know it's not steaming? In a steam cycle it literally only steams for about 1 minute in the 20 minute cycle so unless you're standing there watching it you likely wouldn't know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Clothes just come out of steam cycle cold and wet
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So they are getting wet from the steam then? They are just not heating up is that what you are saying? Does the dryer heat on a normal cycle?----please be more clear.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model #
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Heat on normal cycle is fine.
Steam cycle just gets them wet
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dryer works as it should on other cycles. But - the steam cycle squirts them w water.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK understood. So that would be a control board problem if it's working on normal cycle and not on steam dry. The only difference with steam dry is that a water mist is shot into the dryer drum while it's heating and running just like a normal cycle. That means that if the dryer is spraying water in, the steam function is working but the dryer is just not heating. We know the dryer works on a normal cycle so your heater and thermostats aren't the problem which means that your main control board is just bad and the logic isn't working properly so the main control board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't fix it? Samsung guy was here a couple of days ago. He couldn't fix it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Baby crying. Be back
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It can be fixed, but the main board would need to be replaced. It won't get fixed without replacing the board.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?