Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We just bought a GE dryer, l installed myself, when we

Customer Question

we just bought a GE dryer, l installed myself, when we tested it the drum turned counter clock wise ,, is this correct rotation?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its a new model ,, l have two # G+D45easj2ws ad RG 851098c
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: l have done the work, l asked about the rotation of the drum
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like what
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is correct, the belt tension pulley allows only one way rotation or the belt will be directed off the tub. Is it making noise or giving other trouble or were you just concerned about the drum rotation direction?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If you are not having any other trouble with it, the drum is rotating in the correct direction and you have nothing to worry about. Be sure the vent line in the back is clear, as short as possible and not pinched or kinked.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!