John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool washer about 12 years old. It works fine

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer about 12 years old. It works fine through the wash cycle but when it gets to the spin cycle the agitator will not work and it smells like something is burning.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it is about 12-15 years and it is the whirlpool gold model. I am at work and I do not have the exact info on it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is major like a motor issue I will not.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, other than it was working fine one day and yesterday it quit working. No indications anything was going wrong
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Does the washer sound like it's running during spin? Also, does the washer drain even though it won't spin?

Lastly, do you have a model number? The model number is ***** on a sticker below the lid like in the picture attached below.