Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

I have a Maytag Dryer-Model # LDE7334ACE Serial #

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dryer-Model # LDE7334ACE Serial # A1727134K2. It drys ok but squeaks real bad when first turned on until running about a minute and then it is okay. I would like to take it apart to replace squeaking roller. Need tips on how to dismantle.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would say at least 10 years. It is Maytag Dependable Care. I gave you the exact model # in my first e-mail
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am very capable of working on it as long as I know how best to take everything apart
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

I have reviewed your question. This is a common problem with this dryer. Although a phone call would be much more effective at describing how to dismantle it, I can still walk you through this.

Let me send you a video instead. The following video describes the process for replacing the rollers in most Maytag dryers. Your model may have 2 screws at the front bottom panel, but the process is essentially the same. The part number for the rollers is 12001541 and they are around $20 each. I hope this helps!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uee5SL8MEqs&spfreload=10

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: Since I have taken the time to help, please help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit. Any follow up questions to me will be free and of course I will continue to help. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.