John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have manually pulled the whirlpool duo washer's internal

Customer Question

i have manually pulled the whirlpool duo washer's internal latch, but the door moves only very slightly. Something is still keeps the door from opening. This is a new unit that had been stored for three years...never used.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you happen to know th model number of your washer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think it is WFW70HEB, could be WFw80HEB or WFW86HEB. i am able to set and release the door lock. The door does not move at all when latched. When the lock is released, the door moves only slightly, but will not open.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

If you have released the lock then there should not be anything in the way of opening it. Is there possibly card board or something shoved in there? What about packing tape?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No cardboard or packing tape. The door hits something very firm inside the unit. It opens only though maybe about 1/2 inch. When the lock is activated, no movement is felt when attempting to open the door.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried shutting the door and then releasing the lock manually again?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
many many times. When the manual latch release is pulled, I hear a click when the door slightly opens, but something is restraining it from opening any further.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I can not understand what may be doing this because there is nothing that should keep your door from opening so I will open this up to other experts for advice to see if they have ever delt with this before.