Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My brand new Kitchenaid dishwasher spray arms will not spin,

Customer Question

My brand new Kitchenaid dishwasher spray arms will not spin
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model is KDFE104dss3.I picked this unit up at lowes at a discount because the door was slightly bent.Water is flowing but the arms are not spinning
JA: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.
Customer: do you know what could be the problem
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes,Im a mechanic by trade but not on appliances,however I can hold my own
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: THE PUMP ASSEMBLY WAS OUT OF THE UNIT WHEN i BOUGHT IT BOUT IT WAS SIMPLE TO GET IT BACK IN THE MACHINE AND WIRED UP.tHE KEYBOARD WORKS FINE AND THE CYCLES ARE WORKING FINE,WATER IS FLOWING AND THE HEATING ELEMENT IS WORKING
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Travis
The unit is brand new never used,Model is KDFE104DSS3
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like the problem is with the motor assembly. You may need to inspect to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. If everything is hooked up correctly then the motor may possibly be bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I go about checking the motor.The motor and pump assembly was out of the diswasher when I bought it at Lowes.Someone has brought it back to the store.All the parts were there and it was simple enough to get it put back together and plug in the wires
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the pump is working fine.The unit has water and will drain so I know the pump is working
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

https://youtu.be/L-msFpzYWAk

This is not our unit but it shows how to test the part.