Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a samsung frig mod rf267. It's a French door type

Customer Question

I have a samsung frig mod rf267. It's a French door type unit. We keep getting water in the bottom of the frig part that freezes then jams the drawer. I have pulled all the drawers out and checked for a drain tube and have not found any.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased May 2010
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If the water doesn't freeze then we wind up with water in the floor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The drain is behind the rear wall in the refrigerator. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The attached pages show how to access the drain behind the cover for thawing and clearing. Are you able to perform that disassembly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will handle
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That has been quite an issue on these. I believe there is a service bulletin out for this issue, I am looking now. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That bulletin is attached. Be sure to clean that out and you should be good to go!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.