Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A MAYTAG DRYER MODEL MEDC200XW1 I HAVE CHANGED BOTH

Customer Question

I HAVE A MAYTAG DRYER MODEL MEDC200XW1 I HAVE CHANGED BOTH THERMOSTATS AND THE THERMAL FUSE ALSO THE ELEMENT , BUT IT STILL HAS NO HEAT WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: POSSIBLY 4 YEARS OLD ITS A MAYTAG CENTENNIAL
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: JUST THAT I,VE CHANGED ALL THE ITEMS THAT I HAVE MENTIONED WITH NO SUCCESS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NO
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

With no meter to test with, I can just give you an educated guess. Is this something you would like or would you prefer to get a meter to test with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NO WE CAN DOIT THIS WAY
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Sorry for the phone offer, that is automated and I have no control over it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
YOUR BEST GUESS IS OK AFTER ALL THE PARTS THAT I ALREADY HAVE REPLACED I DON,T KNOW WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I understand, sorry you are having this much trouble with it. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The heating element requires 240 volts to produce heat. All other components work on 120 volts. So, it is common to lose the heating side of the power supply and the dryer will still come on, it just won't heat. So, you may have a problem with the power supply to the dryer. If the power is good, one side of the element power comes from the cord, through the timer, thermostats and thermal fuses. The other side comes from the cord and through the motor switch. So, since you have replaced the element, thermostats and fuses, that only leaves the timer and motor as suspect. The timer is much more likely to be at fault, provided the 240 volt power supply is to the dryer. I have linked the timer below. That company allows returns on installed parts, so you can try it and see and return it if you still have no heat.

CLICK HERE

The video below shows how to test voltage to the dryer, should you decide to get a meter.

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INFORMATION MUCH APPRECIEATED .
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.