Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I pearl i have a maytag dryer model mede500vw1 and the dryer

Customer Question

I pearl i have a maytag dryer model mede500vw1 and the dryer wont spin
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 6 years old. Mede500vw1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Already changed the motor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The e3 and f 22 code would come up. We replaced the outlet thermistor already.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Have you changed or checked the thermal fuse and the door switch?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have not done that yet
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
E3 and f23 has come up on the screen. The machine turns on and the sensing estimated tome goes to dry wrinkle prevent

ok there are several things that can cause the dryer to not start, do you have an ohm meter, because that is the only way to know for sure what part is causing the issue, otherwise you will just be changing parts until the right one is replaced, other than what you have changed it could be the main board, the user interface board, the thermal fuse or the door switch. Now if you would like to try and replace the door switch and the thermal fuse and see if that works or not they are not that expensive but you would want to do the tests with a meter before replacing the machine control electronics because they are fairly expensive. Let me know if you have a meter for testing if so I can give you the test procedures otherwise I will give you the part numbers for the thermal fuse and the door switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a ome

ok give me just a second to get you the test procedures

you will want to do TEST #3, page 13 and TEST #7, page 20 on the tech data sheet I have provided below:

click here to open/download tech data sheet

just follow the directions listed on those tests and you will find out what is causing the issues. Let me know if you have any questions about the test or need anything and let me know what you find. In the meantime I ask that you please read below:

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?