Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Is there a ay to clean the inside glass on the glass door of

Customer Question

Is there a ay to clean the inside glass on the glass door of a GE Profile over, there are several dried liquid stains on inside glass.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 11--12 years old. Don't know model #, but it is electric double oven. If model # is necessary, I
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on how complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is either a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out, or there will be a tiny hole that appears at the joint of the hinge which you can stick a small screw through to lock the hinge out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.