Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a Samsung front load steam dryer with code upside down

Customer Question

Have a Samsung front load steam dryer with code upside down f 5
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Dv350aew/xaa 03
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe a 2011
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Will not do anything just throws the upside down F 5
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So first, the upside down "f" is actually supposed to be a lower case "T" and the 5 is an "S". The error you're getting is "tS". It means that your thermistor sensor is out of range and needs to be replaced. This is your temperature sensor mounted to the blower wheel housing below the dryer drum. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for thermistor sensor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok are you sure is it hard to replace
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The only other options would be a bad wire between the sensor and control board or a bad control board not reading the sensor properly so unless you see a broken wire going to the sensor, then yes you'd want to replace the sensor. Below is a link to a video that shows you the process of replacing the thermistor.

CLICK HERE for video

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?