John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE fridge, model GSH22JFXM BB. the water dispenser

Customer Question

good morning. i have a GE fridge, model GSH22JFXM BB. the water dispenser is not working. you can hear it trying to work but nothing is coming out. the ice dispensers are working fine. this has happened before but it has corrected itself after a little while, leaving the freezer door open for a while. however this time its not cooperating. could the line be frozen? thoughts? thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6 years. mobel no. gsh22jfxm bb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its an easy fix maybe? is this a common thing you have heard of before?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: bot***** *****ne is that the water dispenser isnt dispensing water. you can hear it working but nothing is coming out. it has happened before but has corrected itself, its been about a day since its been giving up trouble this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

So when you push the lever in to get water, are you hearing anything, even if a faint hum?