John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

No, just reading right now. Just started. My Kenmore fridge

Customer Question

No, just reading right now.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started. My Kenmore fridge stopped dispensing water (it is inside the fridge). We changed the filter and it still doesn't dispense water. We used the bypass cap and still no water. Then we thought about the ice maker and we are just checking to see if it is making ice.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 596.77603804 K04106964 These are the number on my manual. We have had the door open too long and the temp is up in the fridge.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are ttrying to figure out what is wrong first before we call a repair person.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am just reading while we wait to see if it is going to drop ice. If it doesn't drop ice, then it is probably the line into the fridge that may be the problem. It is about 6 years old, installed during a kitchen reno.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When was the last time you changed the water filter?