Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Trying to find replacement part or repair guidance for my

Customer Question

Trying to find replacement part or repair guidance for my Thermador double oven sc272T - the controls all work but the display is out (was going dim for about 6 months).
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is about 12/15 years old. Model s..272T - double oven. Seems part is no longer available., but fix seems to be replacing 3 capacitors that go bad and cause display to dim/go out altogether.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on options - if I can get someone to do repair at reasonable price will be glad to pay to have it fixed, but if it is something that is pricey - would look to do myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately there is no replacement part for this unit because the problem is that the capacitors on your board are going out of range which is what causes it to fade and eventually go out. There are 4 capacitors on the back of your display board which have rating listed on them in the form of voltage and µF (micro ferads). If you have an electronics store and you can solder and replace the capacitors yourself you can order new capacitors and replace them. Otherwise, you can send the board to a place like Core Centric Solutions which will refurbish the board for you for about $200 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?