Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I accidentally turned the self cleaning lock on when cooking

Customer Question

I accidentally turned the self cleaning lock on when cooking on my old (20+?) viking stove.
When I turned it off I was able to open the door but now it will not close completely as the metal lock bar is in the wrong position. When turning it on and off today trying to fix it, the bar moved a little but is now even in a worse spot. It won't come on and move again.
Can you help?
Thanks, Lisa
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

lUnfortunately your latch is just failing. All you can really do is flip the breaker off to the oven and try to wiggle the latch in case it's sticking. If it won't unlock properly the latch just needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?