John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Bosch 300 cloths washer says error: nothing else. I tried

Customer Question

Bosch 300 cloths washer says error: nothing else. I tried the reset trick it did not work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 or 4 years Model # WFVC3300VC/19
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, The closest bosch tech is a 7 hour round trip
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The drain pump was plugged with debris, I cleaned it out and ran the DRAIN/SPIN Mode It pumped the water out then the error: light came on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So what exactly is happening? Will it not start will it not come on at all? What is the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i attempt to use any cycle selection it beeps and displays error: thats as far as it will let me go
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no calls as i am at work and plan on fixing this friday!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Sorry if the site offered you the phone call it was not from me. Since you are wanting to work on it friday just message me on here when you are ready.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a way to reset the error module? (other than the hold two buttons down and turn knob to the left reset)
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

1. Set the knob to off.

2. Hold down both the Spin Selector button and the Allergy Rinse button simultaneously.

3. While holding these two buttons down, rotate the knob one click to the left, to the “cold” position.

4. At that point, the display will show a diagnostic code and the unit will enter a self-test mode.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
allready tried that (per previous email) all it does is beeps then displays Er:
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

and there were no numbers after the er?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
none, just er: I heard that means everything is normal, yet it wont let me do anything else
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

yes it can it just makes no sense why the reset is not working unless the board is a problem.