Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirpool wtw4950xw2 it will not spin, i took the

Customer Question

i have a whirpool wtw4950xw2 it will not spin, i took the belt off and there is oil on it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the washer still fills, drains, and agitates but it just won't spin, it means that you have a faulty transmission. The transmission is the only thing that can leak oil as well so the entire transmission would need to be replaced to resolve that issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Not a problem but I'm sorry about the bad news today.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?