John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I woke up this morning and saw that my freezer compartment

Customer Question

I woke up this morning and saw that my freezer compartment was too warm, things are unfreezing, and there was a slight goopy mess on the floor....not water. I do not have a water dispenser and I make my own ice. The frig is just over one year old.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Where does it say which make and model? I have a Kitchen Aid user Instructions, but I don't see where the make and model is. When I bought the frig, they said the temperatures for the frig and freezer were pre set, and that was fine until now in my freezer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is an easy adjustment, of course. remember, my frig is less than 2 years old, I think it's about 1 year and 4 months old.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, help me now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you open up the freezer door, do you hear a fan running inside or is the entire unit 100% silent?

If you hear a noise pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Is the fan next to the big black round compressor running? And if you touch the compressor is it room temperature, warm, or really hot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The gfreezer compartment and the frig seem to be running (noisewise) ok. I have a thought....I think I may have overfilled the ice compartment.....I make my own ice and I had trouble close the freezer door the other day, and some of the ice looks like it has spilled down the freezer perhaps knocking something wrong....What temperatur should the freezer be set for normally? Where do I adjust the temperature if it is too low?also, I have to leave for work, when can I talk with you again?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO, I want to talk with customer service via email at a different time. gotta go to work.This service (which should be free) seems like a scam to me. All of a sudden you are asking for more money for a few simple questions.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

This is not a free service so if you'd like to continue there is definitely a charge for this question which is $28.