John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My oven does not bake evenly. I had it worked on last July,

Customer Question

My oven does not bake evenly. I had it worked on last July, but didn't use it during the hot weather. Now it is the same problem - not evenly browned at all. I bought this oven June 17, 2015, but was out of town, etc. most of that year. When I realized the problem I called Whirlpool and they sent a man to fix it July 22, 2016. I didn't use it during the hot summer until now, and I'm so disappointed that it is doing the same thing - burning food on one side and light on the other. Since I paid a good price for this oven, I feel it should be working correctly. I have had Whirlpool appliances (washer, dryer, frig) in the past and have had no trouble. I will appreciate your help - hoping you will stand behind your product.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 16 months old - purchased 6-17-15 Model no. is WOS51EC7A502
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can't possibly. I am 89 years old and live alone
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know I should have used the oven right away when I bought it and then again when it was supposedly fixed, but with being out of town so much and then the hot weather I didn't do this - trusting that all was as it should be.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll be looking for your response by e-mail within 24 hours. Thank you
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you still need help?