Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a DV330 AE that does not shut off. The timer gets to

Customer Question

I have a DV330 AE that does not shut off. The timer gets to 1 minute left and keeps on running
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: several months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I replaced the heating element a few months ago. Working fine. Issues with vent. Solved.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the unit gets to 1 minutes and just keeps running and won't stop, that is not an issue with your vent or heating, that is an issue with your main control board and the main control board would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I though that might be it. My wife just told me the temperature is not accurate. Will a new control board solve that problem also.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It definitely could, but honestly I wouldn't know how your wife could know the temperature isn't accurate.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

without a thermostat device I as a technician wouldn't even be able to tell that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My wife also just told me we got a fraud alert for this credit card in the amount of $23.00. Is that the amount you charged me? I thought it was $5 refundable.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

yes, it's $5 for a good faith deposit to even ask the question so we know you have a valid credit card. Speaking with me is a total of $28 so when I responded and you read the answers I'm giving you the total charge is $28.