Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Interkool 600 AZ16 made by Drobot, about 13 yrs

Customer Question

I have an Interkool 600 AZ16 made by Drobot, about 13 yrs old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: How can I open the unit to clean the drainage port which is on the floor of the unit?
JA: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?
Customer: Interkool 600 AZ16 by Drobot, Mississauga - how can I open the unit to clean the drainage hole located on the flooor of the unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible- I do not see any screws, only cherry rivets
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The drain can be accessed from the bottom of the unit for limited cleaning. If you want to get inside, you will need to perform a full disassembly. It should not be draining too much, the condensate is designed to be used to recycled and cool the condenser, which in turn helps with evaporation. Is the drain leaking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not much. I removed the unit and on tilting there is water coming out. The unit seems to work fine otherwise. There is also some drainage from 3 hole at the base towards the back ( hot air side)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, it will probably require being disassembled and serviced internally at 13 years old.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is what my original question was. How do I open it. Drill the rivets? Which side? How many or how many sides. There are no screws, only rivets
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Has it been serviced before because it should not be riveted shut. You will need to drill the rivets to get the case off but would suggest reassembling with screws.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the rivets or only a certain side?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Actually, it is the Slimline that does not use rivets. Let me see if I can locate the manual for the non-slimline model. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I am not able to locate that manual right now. I sent a request for it but it will take a bit for a response. While I wait, I will open this back up for others to see in case another has it readily available.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Will wait