Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My Building code MAV390AWW was working justt fine until all

Customer Question

My Building code MAV390AWW was working justt fine until all these problems occured atb once: won't agitate. won't spin., wont drain
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Maytag MAV 350AWW. I
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not unless I have too. I HATE the newer machines and their 110 minute cyles and endless error codes. I was just wonderiing what all it might be
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope. I've seen in forums people saying theyd been quoted $1000-$1200 for replacing that transmission. Can't do that much expense but a $400 I could swing. wild guess how much is wrong?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like you have a problem with the drive motor. You can check the drive motor by first ensure that the motor is getting power. If the drive motor hums but doesn’t run, is noisy, or does not turn freely, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Drive-Motor/WP21001950/1023733?modelNumber=MAV3905AWW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b4d656886

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had suspected the motor as the cause of it not agitating or spinning, but can it also be the reason that the water doesen't drain out?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well typically the drain pump is the problem unless it has a clog when it comes to draining. Also the timer can cause this issue as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maytag-Atlantis-Washer-Complete-Console-WITH-timer-mav8551aww-2619310-/112151636527?hash=item1a1cc22a2f:g:77UAAOSwmfhX6~1N

I personally would go with the timer first and see if that solves your issue. Now repair clinic where the motor will come from will return your part for free if it does not solve your problem but since it is not draining as well I would say its more of the control panel/timer issue.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had been viewed Repairclinics videos for my model and priced a motor, but after weeks without a working machine while I waited on a noob repair guy up get back on it, I definitely want to order all probable parts from the get go and send extras back. Thank you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I totally can understand that. I would personally order the board which repair clinic does not have that is why I sent the ebay part and then order the motor as well. This should take care of of your issue.

In the event you have any further problems rating does not stop you from getting back to me here on this thread. Just bookmark this page and you can get back to me at no additional cost.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to find out anything further?