John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our trash compactor suddenly stopped in the middle of the

Customer Question

Our trash compactor suddenly stopped in the middle of the cycle. There was a loud bang, and now it will not open or start up. The electrical connection is OK--no broken circuit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you know the model number of your trash compactor? It sounds like one of the electrical parts inside has failed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The model is GGC1500R088
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry I am unavailable for a phone call right now. I am currently trying to locate your model with the number you provided. One moment please.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Sadly I am unable to locate any information with the model number you provided so I am going to open this up to other experts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I will call the repairman tomorrow, since it doesn't seem to be a problem I can take care of now. Thanks.