Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We just took the door off our Bosch HBL5650UC/01 to clean

Customer Question

Hi we just took the door off our Bosch HBL5650UC/01 to clean between the glass. We kept track of the orientation of each piece of glass as we put it back together, now once the screws on the inside top are in place the bottom part of the outside door is not connected to the inside part with the hinges.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1.5 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We tried to re-attach the door to the oven, but stopped when we noticed the front of the door separating.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch Double Oven HBL5650UC/01 the top is a convection oven as well and that is the door we removed to clean between the glass, I believe it was manufactured in 2007
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am providing a blow out of all the parts for your door and you are going to need to inspect to make sure that you did not forget a part.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/HBL5650UC01/1794/0125300.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=HBL5650UC/01&searchTerm=HBL5650UC/01

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

did you put the clips back on the glass and make sure everything is aligned correctly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We didn't leave out any parts. All pieces of glass and screws were put back in and in the right order
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I am not doubting you put everything back in the right order I am just suggesting something has to be not falling into place correctly since the unit is wanting to separate.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if we switch to a phone call is it additional $24 on top of the $23?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are taking the door off again to re-examine the order
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry if the site offered you the phone call it was not from me. I am unavailable for a phone call and sadly it would not help in this instance.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I know it is a hassle but if its separating at the bottom it will be best to start down there to see if anything is missing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We check the order again clips are in the right place. The two screws at the top tighten the inner door but the bottom of the door separates still