John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a frigidaire pure source plus. The ice maker is

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire pure source plus. The ice maker is making ice but the water is over flowing and freezing the ice into one large chunk. We found a plastic part but don't know where it goes in the ice maker. This just started about a week ago.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Looking... 2013. Model numberLFH B2741PF1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would like to have an exploded schematic that shows me where the small plastic part with styrofoam goes
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Okay update, I found that the ice tray has a small crack in it. That cause the small plastic part on the bottom of the tray to fall into the ice. So I just need a part number for this tray if you have it. Thanks again.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

I will try to send you an image so that you can tell me which part on the image is the one you are referring to.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It looks like the tray piece to part #2. It has a foam and plastic thing on the bottom of the tray. I found that this is where it fits. It must have broken off went the tray cracked. I will try and fix the tray somehow to see if it works. But I know I will need a new one soon.
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, hopefully that will work for now. Part #2 is sold as a complete unit and cannot be separated from its individual parts. Would you like the part number and pricing information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you but I am good for now.
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, no problem.