Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a model # 2300 Jenn-Air cooktop. Everything works on

Customer Question

I have a model # 2300 Jenn-Air cooktop. Everything works on it now but the only thing that is wrong is the hot surface light stays on all the time even after the elements are cool What to replace to get the red light to go off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Chances are the problem is with the switch located behind the light of the control panel. You will need to replace that switch it doesn't cost much and you just pull it out and put the new one in. If you have a local Lowes or home depot they may have them there. You will need the full model number of your cooktop though. If you can get me the model number I can try and look the part up online for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try finding the switch and appreciate the help .Thanks
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome. In the event you found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I noticed your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?