Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My dispenser drawer on my lg front loading washer is stuck

Customer Question

My dispenser drawer on my lg front loading washer is stuck shut. What should I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Not sure. It's about 6 or 8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on how difficult it is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had to have a repair come out and do this once before years ago and he had to take the dryer down to do it. The dryer is on top.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First try moving the drawer side to side and see if it will release, if not you will have to remove the top lid of the washer (there are some screws on the back of the lid remove those and slide the lid forward and it will lift off the washer). Once the lid is off you can then look at the dispenser housing and figure out what is causing it to jam.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.