Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My washing machine was showing a F 20 message and the motor

Customer Question

My washing machine was showing a F 20 message and the motor was running but not doing anything. So, I unplugged it for a period of time and now the door is locked and I cannot get it done nlocked to retrieve my wet cloths
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot open the door to get the model number

can you tell me what what brand and model type the washer is at least?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Whirlpool duet front loader

The f20 error code on a duet washer means the pressure switch has not tripped after six minutes. Make sure both valves at the water source are turned on all the way. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves. Start with the cold water hose. If the hoses are stopped up and you have good water pressure from the water supply on your home then the water inlet valve on the washer needs to be replaced.

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?