Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Have a Maytag Range approximately 2 years old. Today it

Customer Question

have a Maytag Range approximately 2 years old. Today it would not work. Stovetop nor oven. Clock is working, and "use"light comes on, but neither will heat.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have found several numbers. Where would that number be located?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That depends on what you provide me with now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I unplugged range for a few minutes. When I plugged it back in, it beeps and shows this:F9E0
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F9E0 error on a maytag range indicates a failed control board, if you give me the model number I will be glad to give you more specific information, the model number will be located on the door frame of the range, open the oven door and you should see a tag with the model number and serial number listed. It should be something like MER7765WB or similar.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
one moment please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok Model#MER8775AB Serial#R34413114
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Joel, I used both the stove top and the oven last night.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there?

ok thanks for that information give me just one moment to have a look at that model

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IF it will help you, I can call you. That would cost me $24.00, correct/

ok that error on that unit is either a wiring issue on the range itself or a voltage supply issue from your home wiring, the unit has to have 220/240 volts to operate properly. If it is only getting 110/115 volts due to a failed breaker or fuse in your panel or a bad wall plug etc the unit will return that error. You will need to test the voltage to the range to determine which is the issue. The manufacturer tech sheet for the unit gives the following information on that error:

1. Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START to enter the Diagnostics Mode and verify the failure.

If failure displayed does match, go to Step 2.

2. Unplug range or disconnect power.

3. Verify that the house power supply provides 240 VAC between L1 and L2, and 120 VAC between L1 and N and L2 and N. If house power supply is not correct, call a qualified electrician. If voltage measurements are correct, go to Step 4.

4. Verify that the electric supply is wired correctly at the range terminal block.

5. Replace all parts and panels before operating.

6. Plug in range or reconnect power.

7. Verify normal operation.

8. Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START to enter the Diagnostics Mode and clear the error code(s).

and if you still want me to call I will be glad to and yes it is another 24.00 fee for the call.

let me know if you want a call, thanks.

I tried to accept the call but the payment for the service failed for whatever reason, the site will contact you to get it straightened out, but the system will not allow me to call at this time. In the meantime please read below:

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
im not gettin anything to rate you. sorry, the site did finally say they updated my payment info. gonna raise some cain IF they charged me and didnt get to talk to you. You were great

try and send the phone request again and I will see if will let me accept it

see if you can accept the phone request now, since I sent the offer.

also you should still be able to rate the answer regardless, you should have the star rating system showing at the top right of the screen and you just rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right.