Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 4 year old amana refrig. Yesterday my refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old amana refrig. Yesterday my refrigerator section seemed warmer tahn normal. I pushed to temp. to 7 and the internal refrig. temp. is 60degrees. The freezer is fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The frige is 4years old Model# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would liekto if no special instruments are required.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. Here is a helpful video

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.