Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a maytag neptune top loading washer and it won't

Customer Question

I have a maytag neptune top loading washer and it won't complete a wash cycle
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's model number FAV 6800AWN and I'm not sure of the age. Maybe around 20 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I'm able to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a Neptune TL unit often most things on that washer are not repairable as they had a lot of issues with that unit and parts are expensive and or obsolete. If the unit is not completing the cycle often the main controller is bad, but they do not sell it anymore. I would really suggest getting a new unit honestly for that issue and that machine.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!