Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool top load washer WTW57ESVW 4.0 CF serial #

Customer Question

Hello!
I have a whirlpool top load washer WTW57ESVW 4.0 CF serial # CY2643563 purchased in 12/2009 Every so often when I start the washer it starts to agitate even before the water starts to fill the machine. After a few cycles it will stop but what causes this and how can I avoid it? Under normal times the water will start and then shortly after the agitating starts.
Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

IN the diagram at the link below, number 12 is the ALS, or Auto Load Sensing switch. It is what tells the machine to start agitating after an appropriate w3ater level has been reached. That switch will likely need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

That switch is mounted in the timer console. It is accessed by using a putty knife to slide under the end caps (numbers 16 & 27) to release the clips (number 19). The top will lift up and hinge back for access. Remove the small hose attached to that switch. If you can blow through that hose, the switch will indeed need to be replaced and is available below.

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for a very easy replacement!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Marcia! I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.