Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirlpool stove. It is a glass top, self cleaning

I have a whirlpool cook stove. It is a glass top, self cleaning oven. The problem I have is in the oven. The bottom burner does not seem to be cycling properly. The broil works great. But if I try to bake something it doesnt seem to be getting to the temp selected. I can see the bottom burner light up red. So i know it is working but it will only stay on for a few seconds then it clicks off. after a few seconds it will click on again. it just keeps doing this. even in the preheat stage. what is wrong with it?

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your unit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

WFE361LVB 0

It sounds like there may be a short the element and if there is then its going to need replaced.

Now it can be tested with a multimeter if you have one but if not I suggest you replacing it to solve this issue

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Range-Stove-Oven-Broil-Element/WPW10583047/3553805?modelNumber=WFE361LVB0&ss=a13b5i179d697194&mr=1

Here is the video on testing

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Range-Stove-Oven-Broil-Element/WPW10583047/3553805?modelNumber=WFE361LVB0&ss=a13b5i179d697194&mr=1#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The element heats up it turns bright red but. It just does not stay on very long. I can hear clicking behind the control pad keypad has the element Cycles on and off

The electronic oven control board controls the operation of the broil and bake elements by opening and closing electrical contacts inside the broil and bake relay. Based on your symptom, the failure is most likely the electronic oven control.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Range-Stove-Oven-Control-Board/W10840298/4363623?modelNumber=WFE361LVB0&ss=a13b5i324d697194&mr=1

I noticed your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?

Checking in with you since I have not heard back from you.