Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Maytag front loading wash machine It doesn't want

Customer Question

I have a Maytag front loading wash machine It doesn't want to go from wash to rinse I keep getting the code 02F what does that mean
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model # is MFW9600SQO I don't believe its over 10years old but I am not sure
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am hoping it is something very simple like the hose is twisted I just don't know what the 02F is and then there is the code suds that appear also
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: some times I have to shut it down move the control to rinse and spin in order to complete the load. And times the load is still wet when indicating that the load is done and the clothes are still wet dripping wet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how is my answer coming along
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you are not going to answer my question I want the charges credit back to my visa card. $23.00 for WHAT I sure have not gotten an answer about my questions
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Sorry for the delay. The F02 code means the washer is draining too slowly. There may be something clogging the pump and pump filter. Here are three video links that after viewing you will know what you need to do to clear the pump and filter and if needed to replace the pump. Most times it is just clogged.

Clearing a pump link

Lower panel removal to replace the pump link

Did you get it going? Do you still need help?