Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My Maytag model mdb6769pas won't drain after a regular wash

Customer Question

My Maytag model mdb6769pas won't drain after a regular wash cycle. Initially, it would drain if I ran a rinse cycle or if I hit the "Cancel/Drain" button. After this most recent attempt, there was standing water left in the bottom and now it won't drain or run a rinse cycle. Any ideas about what may be wrong or how to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you inspected the drain hoses to see if they are clogged? How about the drain pump to see if there is anything down there blocking it? Your drain pump may have went out on you and if it did it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We just ran another rinse cycle to see if it would work. The rinse cycle finished, but then it sat with standing water for about 30 minutes until we heard it draining. It is able to drain, so I don't think the problem is with the drain hoses or pump. Could it be something electronic, like the timer or motherboard, instead of the drain hose or pump, and how might we go about diagnosing that?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Yeah it sounds more control board related which of course can not be tested only replaced. The timer however can be checked that way we can rule that out to see if that is an issue .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sounds good. How can we go about testing the timer?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

IT does not seem like your unit has a timer on its on so it must just be a sensor on your control board. So looks like that is what is going to need to be replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

I noticed your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Checking in with you since I have not heard back from you.