Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

MY GE DISHWASHER DOES COMPLETELY EMPTY. WHAT SHOULD I LOOK

Customer Question

MY GE DISHWASHER DOES COMPLETELY EMPTY . WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. If your dishwasher is not filling with water. There is either a clog in the drain hoses or the water inlet valve has went bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THE QUESTION WAS NOT ABOUT FILLING, BUT NOT COMPL
ETELY EMTPING
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
YOU TOLD ME WHAT THE PROBLEM WOULD BE IF THE DISHWASHER WOULD NOT FILL, BUT THIS WAS NOT THE QUESTION. IT DOES NOT COMPLETELY EMPTY ALL THE WATER. DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS PROBLEM?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Oh I apologize I thought you were saying it was completely empty my apologies. Ok so then the drain hoses will need checked for clogs as well as the drain pump.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CAN YOU HELP ON THIS PROBLEM ?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Did you see my last reply I apologize I thought you were saying it was completely empty my apologies. Ok so then the drain hoses will need checked for clogs as well as the drain pump.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THE DRAIN HOSE IS NOT CLOGGED, AND THE PUMP IS WORKING. THERE IS A SMALL UNIT THAT THE DRAIN HOSE SCREWS ONTO. CHECKING THIS, I CAN'T WATER TO GO INTO IT. IT IS ON THE OUTSIDE, BOTTOM BACK, OF THE UNIT, AND IT IS CONNECTED TO A DRAIN OPENING ON THE INSIDE. IF YOU WILL SEND ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS, I WILL SEND YOU A PICTURE OF THIS UNIT. I DON'T KNOW FUNCTION IT HAS.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of your dishwasher? You can send pictures on here by hitting the little paper click icon.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
GE MODEL NO. GSD593OFOOWW. I DON'T SEE THE LITTLE PAPER CLIP ICON.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

The check valve prevents water from returning to the dishwasher after it has drained. If the valve gets stuck closed, it will prevent the water from draining. If the check valve is stuck closed, try cleaning it out and then replace it if necessary.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Dishwasher-Check-Valve/WD24X10018/821081?modelNumber=GSD5930F00WW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b3d612557

how to check it

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Dishwasher-Check-Valve/WD24X10018/821081?modelNumber=GSD5930F00WW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b3d612557#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor