Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag refrigerator, model #12569veb, that has

Customer Question

i have a Maytag refrigerator, model #12569veb, that has suddenly begun to freeze salad greens, fresh veggies and even boiled eggs. i have reset the temp contrrol from 38to 46 (as warm as it will go). still have the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

If you open the right refrigerator door and inspect the seal on the left door (number 13 at the link below), do you see gaps in that seal that would allow freezing air to leak?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hard to tell. i don't know what it is supposed to look like.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

It should be totally sealing the ice chute opening, no gaps between the seal and the ice maker area.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is there a number at the end of the model number? Early models have a kit out for the issue you are having.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no', no number. are we talking about the ice maker seal flap?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

No, there is a seal at the door when shut that keeps the ice maker air from leaking into the fresh food section. Yours is one of the early models that will require a kit be installed. Would you like that information?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The attached tech sheet shows the issue.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

It comes with complete instructions.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. This was informative.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.