John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I recently sent a question concerning my GE Profile French

Customer Question

I recently sent a question concerning my GE Profile French Door bottom freezer fridge. Model #PFS22sisbss. The answer was satisfactory and I replaced only the mother board as Joel indicated. The part # for the mother board is WR55x10942.Its working fine but I have another question. In the instructions to install the board it stated that the green wire from the connector to the capacitor should be cut and I got shaky about doing this. So I plugged in the unit and as I stated it is working fine.My question is can not cutting this wire cause damage in the future and should I jus go ahead and cut it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Approx 5 to 7 years. The model is PFS22sisbss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I installed the board myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have an installation sheet. would it help to send you a copy?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Yes, please attach a copy of the installation sheet.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Actually, I already have a copy. Can you provide the serial number of the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I prefer the phone call
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I will stand by.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I,m getting confused here should I expect a phone call. If you already a copy of the install please cancel my phone call request
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I received a phone call request from Just Answer but they didn't let it go through because of a payment failure. They are trying to contact you regarding this.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

I did not receive the copy, but that is OK, I have one in front of me.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

I have installed many of these boards and have never had a problem after cutting the green wire. You can cut the wire and leave room to reconnect it if you'd like.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

If you experience problems after cutting the green wire, you can always reconnect it. It is highly unlikely that cutting the wire will damage anything. That is part of the design. Please just make sure to always unplug the refrigerator prior to doing any of this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK just disregard the phone request and I'll wait for your response ----it just came in
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

I don't know what would happen if you don't cut the green wire, because I have always cut it after an installation. Since that is the specified procedure, I have always done it.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Does this help?