Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Mom has one of the samsung french door refrig 3 yrs old

Customer Question

mom has one of the samsung french door refrig 3 yrs old bottom freezer, icining up all over, defrosted all for 3 days, cleaned coils, reset all settings, was ok for about 2 weeks, now worse than ever. all on line suggest design flaw but no suggestions to correct, modify or trash, fan bldes hitting ice build up now
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 ys don't have model in front, calling mom now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am capable
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: hang on while i get model and serno
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i gave full model and serno RF263B*AE JKKU4BBC800333P
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like there may be a problem with the defrost heater. Give me just a moment to pull up the information on your unit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I TURNED OFF THE POWER SAVE, STILL LOTS OF CONDENSATION, ACCORDING TO WED SITE CHATTER APPEARS TO BE WIDESPREAD CONDITION
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I WILL CHECK, WHAT ELSE YOU GOT? SEEMS TOO SIMPLE FOR SUCH A WIDESPREAD AND MAJOR COMPLAINT
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHERE IS THIS LOCATED? THE VIDEO SHOWS CONTINUITY TESTING BUT NO DISASSY OR EXPLODED VIEWS FOR HIS MODEL
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Guy,
waiting for add'l reply please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please e-mail add'l reply I will pick up in morning, so far not so good
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Sorry I did not realize you had messaged me. Give me just one moment I will pull up an exploded view.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It should be located behind the back panel of your refrigerator. You will need to take the back panel off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, INFO WAS NOT GOOD REAR PANEL IS SEALED EXCEPT FOR SMALL PANEL TO ACCESS CONTROL BOARD AND LOWER PANEL TO ACCESS COMPRESSOR
THE REASON I DID THIS WAS FOR EXPERT ADVICE?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I am only try to assist you. There should be an access panel through the freezer is what I am saying. You will need to remove the panel that is located on the inside of the freezer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THIS MODEL HAS A PULL OUT DRAWER FREEZER, THE FREEZER IS WORKING FINE.
LOOKING ON LINE IS SEE MENTION OF A DEICE SENSOR RELOCATION KIT, ANY FAMILIARITY WITH THIS?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Then yours must be located behind the fridge panel then. I did not realize it was a bottom mount freezer my apologies.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHAT ABOUT THIS SENSOR RELOCATION KIT I MENTIONED, HAVE YOU SEEN/HEARD, IT RELOCATED DEFROST SENSOR ON REFRIG LINE TO PREVENT THE ICE BUILD UP.
I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS A SIMPLE BROKEN PART FROM OTHER WEB COMMENTS, I THINK IT WOULD BE EITHER A CONTROLLER ISSUE OR SOMETHING LIKE RELOCATING THIS DEFROST SENSOR. PLEASE ASK AROUND WITH THE OTHER GUYS, I AM CERTAIN YOU HAVE SEEN THIS COMPLAINT BEFORE