Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a maytag dryer/washer combo that is having some

Customer Question

I have a maytag dryer/washer combo that is having some issues. The washing machine is not running whenever it is set on a cycle. The dryer works just fine. I know I need to reset it, but I do not have access to the breakers and I am unable to unplug it from the wall because of its location and vent. I have a key to the dryer so that I can reset it but I do not know what to do after I turn it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me pull up the model number for yo.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: mle20prbyw2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble sadly the only thing that can be done to reset it would be to either unplug it or turn it off by the breaker and see if that helps. If the unit is not coming on at all after that then your problem lies in the control panel and it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a key for it and all that I need is a reset code.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

You have a key for the dryer correct? Not the washer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
For the washer. Its a combo stackable unit.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I do understand. The fact is though I am sure you have already tried the key and that has not helped so the only other option is to either unplug it for a full minute or turn the breaker off and see if that helps and if it does not then the control panel will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You must not know about this unit because I have a key that allows me to enter a code to reset it versus having to unplug it. I just need to reset code. If you cant assist me with this then I am going to require a refund for this.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Give me just a moment to check your manual again please. One second.