Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I replaced control panel on my whirlpool duet washer because

Customer Question

I replaced control panel on my whirlpool duet washer because its
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was reading 888 code. That's someone said was wrong. However new panel is now reading same code
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ghw9150pw0. Probablt pribably 20 yrs. replaced circuit board a few yrs back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need to know how to clear the 888 code I think so I can run diagnostic trst
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to open up your manual and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

When you press anything on your control panel does it do anything? I want to try and run a diagnostic test.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it does nothpng
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it does nothing
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

now was there an 888 on it before you replaced the control panel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's why I replace. I was told that's what I need to do. Now I have the same code
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hmmm let me look into something for you and I will be right back with you. Sorry you are having to deal with something like this. Was the board brand new that you put on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but was guarenteed to work. Bought on ebay
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I sadly think the problem is with that control board and you may want to send it back. 888 is not an error code for whirlpool which tells me the board is not working.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The other one was reading exact same thing
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I am referring to the main control board being the problem. This is the part I am talking about

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a11b5i1995d648257/Model-GHW9150PW0-Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board-Parts

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just replaced it 2 yrs ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never had that code when I replaced it
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

You replaced the control board or the main control board recently? The problems are not always the same but the fact that your receiving a code that is not something from whirlpool the only options for fixing it is either the control board or main control board.