Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Ice maker compartment does not get cold enough to freeze

Customer Question

My Ice maker compartment does not get cold enough to freeze water. I press test the motor makes a cycle then fills the tray with water....then nothing. I added some ice out of a bag and in the morning the ice had melted. I ran the manual defrost but there does not seem to be any ice/frost buildup anywhere in the fridge/freezer.
Model number RF4267HARS
Freezer set to -22 C
Fridge set to +1 C
Ice maker is not disabled.
Water comes out of the dispenser and does fill the ice tray
I have changed the water filter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Samsung
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ice bucket enclosure is 15C. Fridge 5C which it is set for and freezer -22C which it is set at.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Any flashing segments on the display numbers?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing flashing. Everything is operating normal except the for the ice bucket area being warm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I emptied the fridge and freezer this morning and unplugged it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

How long has it been unplugged?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
30 min to 1hr
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, it is likely that there is a frost obstruction in the ducting to the ice maker area. I would leave the doors open for 24 hours to allow a full thaw. With no error displays, it is likely to just need defrosting. Are you able to allow that much time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I suspect a full thaw will restore operation. If you still have problems after thawing, it is likely to be an air flow issue (fan motor, damper, etc). Keep me posted, I will be available if it hangs up again!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.