Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My fisher and paykel dishwasher stops at the same time on

Customer Question

my fisher and paykel dishwasher stops at the same time on wash cycles. We just replaced the control panel. Is there a reset that we need to do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: ds605 fisher paykel 1 drawer dishwasher
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. the dishwasher is in an rv and we can not find a service center that will work on it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we have replaced the pump several weeks ago and just but the new control panel in day
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

There is no reset, per se. How long into the cycle is it stopping? Any flashing lights?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
main wash cycle stops at 58 min and the fast stops at 28 mins... no error message or flashing lights
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Does it go totally dead when it stops or what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it just continues washing and stays on the stuck time
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Ah, okay, so it keeps running but will not advance. That sounds like a heater issue. If you open the drawer, is the water hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the water is hot
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, so the temperature sensor must not be recognizing that since the control has been replaced.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what would the temperature sensor have to do with continuous cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If the temperature sensor does not recognize the water is heating as it should, it will continue to run the cycle until it gets satisfied. It will not allow the wash cycle to complete if it thinks it is washing in cold water, it will continue to wash and heat.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where is the temperature sensor located
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The sensor is part of the heater plate assembly. It will need to be replaced as an assembly. In the diagram at the link below, number 16 is the heater plate assembly. Does this look like something you are wanting to undertake?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello are you still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not sure... if it is this part why is there not an error code showing during the cycle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Are you stopping the cycle after you notice it is running for an extended period?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please forgive the delay in replying, it takes a little bit to respond. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we stop the dishwasher and change the cycle to rinse cycle and dry cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

So that is probably why you are not seeing an error. All the control knows is that the water is not hot enough. So, it will keep the cycle going with the heater energized until it gets hot enough. It will run and attempt to heat for 3 hours before it will display the F4 heater error.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you not sure what to do next
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Well, the heater will need to be replaced. I will get you the part link and a video so you know what it all entails.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you know what temp the water should be during the wash cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Around 150-165* F. If it reaches more than 185* F, it will go into a heater lockout mode.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thank you for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Absolutely my pleasure, thank you!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.