Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I self cleaned the oven. For some reason cannot get it to

Customer Question

I self cleaned the oven. For some reason cannot get it to work. Tried cleaning and F5E1 came up
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool gas range.accubake. About 8 years old. Cannot find model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can I will
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine before this happened
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

F5 E1 means that the door latch isn't working properly which is why the oven won't work. Try to open the door and wiggle the door latch hook above the top of the oven cavity. Flip the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplug it and then re-apply power. If it still won't work, the latch would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.