Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frigidaire oven heat incontrolable high why? Double oven

Customer Question

My frigidaire oven heat incontrolable high why? Double oven one word well
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If your oven keeps heating too high, it means that either you have a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I expect you to give me the next advice
For your original suggestion did not work, what is the next step to resolve?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by my original suggestion did not work. You have tested the sensor? Have you replaced the sensor or the control board? Those were the ONLY 3 options that can cause you problem and all 3 are part of my original suggestion.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bad rating, shame!!! How can I get my mint back?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

I can't control what fails on your appliance, but the advice is accurate.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I replayed that yes, I checked the sensor and the sesor was not faulty when I ask for the next step I wax expected to pay 40.00 again?